Today, I'm working on taxes. And, making a plan to get back on track. The Conference last week was interesting, but not as inspiring as I'd hoped. I did make some connections, and it's time to follow-up on the connections, and take some action. The thing about getting somewhere is you have to take a step in order to get there. Sometimes you don't end up where you thought you were going, but you don't end up anywhere if you stay home, except you end up at home. Maybe you get your taxes done, which can be a very good thing.
I think what I'd like to figure out is if there is something I want to do that is different from what I'm doing now that I don't have to go to school in order to do it. Going to school involves debt and stress. Maybe there is something I can do that wouldn't. One thing I do need to find out is whether my credentials would "grandfather" me in to the DNP that's expected in 2014.
Michelle seems to be doing exciting things, things that sound more along what I'd like to do, except the lactation consulting, I'm just not that excited about that. But, it sounds very cool to be working with the patients in the jails and the low income population in Oakland & being the expert in Colposcopy. It's also very refreshing and exciting to see someone who doesn't look polished who was inclusive and has a style that I admire, who is successful and presenting. There is something to giving presentations that I'd like to know how to do that I do need to learn.
The homeopathy course sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's worth the time or money, although I would learn things, and that could make it worth the time & money. Also, I think I'm going to find a "martial arts" class. Build my strength & inner core and getting to kick stuff! =)
It's important to love what I can about my job so that I can be happy there while I'm looking for the next step in my career and life. And, my attitude will make all the difference!
More later, D
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.